Training Courses – Fall 2020
IMI offers two tracks of training over the course of one year: 1.) Philosophy of Indigenous Education (PIE) and 2.) Montessori training. Each track requires a separate application and tuition. Tracks are interwoven throughout the training year to provide Montessori training through the lens of an Indigenous worldview. This fall, training will start with the PIE training track via online learning. At this time, Letters of Interest for Elementary Montessori training are being accepted. Elementary training is tentatively scheduled to be delivered in the Spring of 2021. Applications for PIE training — independent of Montessori training — are now being accepted. Apply at the link below. Details for each training course are listed below.
In addition to teacher preparation training, this year IMI is offering Professional Development workshops for educators of any school setting. Information sheets for each workshop will be posted and distributed as the event date approaches. General information is available below.
For more information, contact Tracey Cordero at 505-331-1438 or email@example.com.
Philosophy of Indigenous (PIE) – Apply Now!
The PIE track delivers up to 10 training modules, one in each of the Keres Children’s Learning Center’s fundamental principles. These include:
- Anti-racist, anti-biased training and approaches to education
- Indigenous education models
- Intergenerational learning and teaching
- Indigenous language immersion model
- Indigenous Knowledge systems
- Curriculum design and development
- Education achievement and success
- Culturally Sustaining Pedagogies
Tuition: $3,000.00, payment plans available
Application link: https: https://forms.gle/1VMMkijTzTnEhyMg9
Montessori Training Offered through SIMS partnership
Now accepting Letters of Interest for Elementary Montessori training – submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Montessori training track focuses on developing the whole child in the following areas:
- Montessori philosophy
- Principles of child development
- Grace and Courtesy
- An interdisciplinary approach to the study of:
- geography (geology, chemistry, physics)
- biology (botany, zoology, ecology)
- mathematics (arithmetic, geometry, algebra)
Application Fee: $150.00
Foundation course: $2,000.00 (Pre-requisite course, if applicable)
Tuition: $15,000.00 – Elementary Montessori Training
See https://www.sims-ami.org/new-mexico/for more information about Montessori training.
Learning and Teaching Methods for Both Tracks Include:
- Interactive PIE modules and discussions via Zoom (online learning platform)
- Lectures on Montessori philosophy and pedagogy
- Practice developing curriculum
- Research and assigned readings
- Demonstrations of the use of scientifically designed Montessori materials
- Hands-on practice with the materials
- Classroom observation in Montessori schools
- Student teaching
- Material making and classroom curriculum development
2020-2021 Training Calendar
PIE Professional Development Workshops
If you are an enrolled participant in the PIE training track, Professional Development workshops are included in the cost of PIE tuition. If you are not a PIE participant, there is a separate fee for each workshop.
Information sheets for each event will be posted and distributed as the date approaches. This info sheet will include cost, time, and registration info.
Tentative workshop dates are as follows:
- October 14, 2020
- December 9, 2020
- March 3, 2021
- May 26, 2021
Professional Development Workshops will focus on the following areas:
- Anti-Biased, Anti-Racist Approaches to Education
- Culturally Sustaining Pedagogies
- Indigenous Curriculum Building
- Healing and Historical Trauma
- Language and Culture as Protective Factor
For further information about any of the above listed programs, contact Tracey Cordero at 505-331-1438 or email@example.com.